What to bring to the Surfdock Watersports Camp
If you child/ren do not have their own wetsuit they can rent a wetsuit from us for the duration of the camp. This is usually part of the booking process, but if you have not added the wetsuit rental to your camp booking you can do so by calling us on 01-6683945 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19: This year your child will hold on to the wetsuit for the whole week, ie take it home at the end of the day. The charge for wetsuit rental is €20 per wetsuit per week. Our rental wetsuits are 5/3 winter wetsuit thickness.
If your child/ren do have their own wetsuit please bear in mind that shorty wetsuits are not allowed on camp, 3/2 full suits are the minimum required, but from our experience, the kids will do best in warmer wetsuits. During the Easter Camp only 5/3 or thicker wetsuits are permitted.
We advise participants of our courses not to bring valuables or large amounts of cash with them, as Surfdock does not take responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged items.
– Warm clothes (for afterwards)
– sports base layer or rash vest (if you are unsure as to what might be appropriate, you can call us on 01-6683945)
– appropriate footwear to wear on the water (old pair of runners or neoprene booties, no flip flops/crocs or other shoes that can fall off)
– big towel or changing robe to get changed outside
– light rain jacket (for over the wetsuit)
– sun cream
– snack and drink for half day camps
Camp participants are by default not permitted to leave the camp area to go to the shops. We recommend that you pack a snack for your child/ren and give them plenty of food/drink as they are likely to be hungry and thirsty after an action-filled time on the water.