The Surfing Tribe - Second Edition - Book
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
- Free ROI & NI Shipping €99+
- Free EU Shipping €199+
- We Ship From Ireland. No EU Customs or Duties.
- 28 Day Returns
Dig down deep into the history of surfing in Britain with 'The Surfing Tribe' written by Cornish Surfer Roger Mansfield.
The Surfing Tribe explains how a quirky seaside-town pastime transformed itself into a phenomenally popular sport and lifestyle. From Newquay to Newcastle and from Jersey to Swansea, the origins of Britain's separate surfing tribes are revealed. All the top British surfers from the various eras are profiled including Rod Sumpter, Gordon Burgis, 'Tigger' Newling, Pete Jones, Linda Sharp, Nigel Veitch, Tim Heyland, Nigel Semmens and Carwyn Williams. The book also charts the evolution of British surfboards, and looks back at the films and magazines that have portrayed the British scene over the decades.
- Full colour
- Published by the Orca publications, publisher of UKs leading surf magazine CARVE
- Soft Back, coffee table style book
- Superb design and an ideal gift
- First of its kind, from the publishers of Shooting The Curl and The Complete Guide to Surf Fitness.
- Pages: 240. Size: 215mm x 255mm. Illustrations: more than 200 colour photos