Huku Balance Beam
- Free ROI & NI Shipping €99+
- Free EU Shipping €199+ No EU Customs or Duties.
- No EU Customs or Duties.
- 28 Day Returns
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
The Huku Balance Boards are 100% Irish and handmade in Donegal
Our foot is what connects us to the earth, it’s our foundation. If we take care of our feet, then our whole body benefits. The best way to do this is by being barefoot as much as possible. The second best thing to do is use the Huku balance beam! By standing on the Huku balance beam barefoot, we engage muscles and awaken ligaments and tendons in our feet.
Huku have created a beautiful balance beam made from natural materials. We have combined the strength of both Ash and Birch to create our beam. Our 1 meter long Ash beam is held in place by two Birch feet. These feet keep your beam from moving while you get in your foot and balance workout!
One of the main benefits of using the huku balance beam is that not only do we engage physically to achieve this apparently simple task, but we engage our mind as well. Both your body and mind must be focused on the task at hand.
- To begin your huku balance beam journey, simply attempt to walk the length of the beam, turn and walk back, all without touching the ground!
- After you have mastered that, attempt to stand on either foot with the other foot in the air. Switch from right to left as you feel comfortable.
- Mastered that? Then it’s time to try a squat! While standing on the balls of both your feet, squat with your back straight and knees bent and see how long you can hold the position.
Once you have mastered these three basic moves, feel free to try out different movements, and check out our how-to section for upcoming videos!