CHOOSING THE RIGHT SIZE
Solite Boots provide the absolute best performance, comfort, and warmth if they are sized and fit correctly. Here are some tips to make sure you get the correct size boots for optimum fit:
If you have Average/Wide Feet:
You should purchase your sneaker size or 1/2 size smaller. Solite Boots should fit tight out of the box, but the heat molding process will stretch them to the perfect size. If your boots feel too big out of the box in any dimension (length/width/arch), then we suggest you try a size down. Even if they feel tight out of the box, heat molding will expand the boots to a snug but comfortable fit.
NOTE: If you plan to use the 1mm Heat Booster Socks inside your boots, you may not have to size down. In fact, if you have wide feet you may even want to size up 1/2 size if you plan to use the 1mm Heat Booster Socks. For example, if you are a wide size 10.5 and plan to use the 1mm Heat Booster Socks, a size 11 may be a better fit. This is particularly applicable to the 6mm boots, which won't stretch in heat-molding as much as 3mm boots.
If you have Narrow/Low-Volume Feet:
You can size down 1 to even 2 sizes from your sneaker size! By heat-molding, the boot will stretch to fit your length, and narrow/reduce volume to hug your narrower foot. Once again, the 3mm Boots will stretch more easily in heat-molding than the 6mm boots, so keep this in mind when choosing.
If you have any questions about which size to buy, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
HEAT MOLDING INSTRUCTIONS
Solite Boots are the world's first and only custom, heat-moldable watersports footwear. Custom fitting can be done in your kitchen with nothing more than a kettle of boiling water. To heat-mold your Solite boots, watch the video below and follow the instructions carefully. Do not use any other methods of heat molding except boiling water. Use of ovens, microwaves, heat guns, etc. will void your warranty.
1. Bring water to a boil (you will need approximately 3 cups of boiling water per boot.)
2. While water is heating, roll down the cuffs of your Solite boots and place them in a sink.
3. Put on your Solite Heat Booster socks. These socks will help allow for a little extra space when the boots are being molded.
4. Once water comes to a full bubbling boil, gently pour into your Solite boots (in the sink), filling each to slightly below the seam where the neoprene upper is attached to the sole. See photo.
5. Wait 5 minutes for the boiling water to soften the sole material.
6. After 5 minutes, carefully pour out the hot water from your Solite boot (doing one boot at a time) and quickly rinse out the inside of the boot with cold water to lower the surface temperature and to prevent burning. Test with your hand as you will want to get your foot in as warm as you can comfortably stand.
7. Place your foot inside your Solite boot while wearing the Heat Booster sock. Make sure your big-toe sits comfortably in the toe cavity and your heel is flush in the heel pocket.
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for the other boot.
9. Secure boot ankle straps if you have them.
10. Walk around in your Solite boots for the next 10 minutes as they custom mold to your feet.
11. Once your Solite Boots have cooled to room temperature, the molding process is complete.
12. If you are unhappy with the fit, you can re-mold your Solite boots repeating the same steps above. Your Solite boots should feel completely comfortable, almost like part of your foot.